CEFR Range: C1 – C2
An advanced business English course designed to bring the real world of international business into the classroom. This course is intended for students with upper intermediate or above English skills who are seeking to extend their business vocabulary and fluency with authentic reading texts, listenings, case studies and a hands on approach to learning.
The course consists of 12 units featuring authentic texts, listenings and case studies throughout, reflecting the latest trends in the business world.
- First Impressions – discussing first impressions in presentations, language: adverbs, skills: networking, writing: formal letter.
- Training – talking about apprenticeships, reading: emphasising your point, skills: clarifying and confirming, writing: effective emails.
- Energy – discussing clean energy, language: articles, skills: decision making, writing: report, case study: Energy saving.
- Marketing – talking about customer relationship management, language: clauses, skills: making an impact in a presentation, writing: presentation slides.
- Employment Trends – discussing the future of work, -ing forms and infinitives, resolving conflict, writing: avoiding conflict in e-mails.
- Ethics – discussing corporate responsibility, modal perfect, skills: ethical problem solving, writing: press release.
- Finance – talking about sustainable banking, multi-word verbs, managing questions, writing: email.
- Consultants – discussing operations consultant, skills: negotiating, writing: summarising terms and conditions.
- Strategy – discussing strategy, goals and values, rhetorical questions, skills: brainstorming and creativity, writing: summary.
- Online Business – talking about developments in online business, rhetorical devices, presentations: thinking on your feet, writing: summary.
- New Business – talking about advice for start ups, cleft sentences, skills: chasing payments, writing: email (proposal for growth strategy).
- Project Management – discussing issues in project management, instructive texts, skills: teleconferencing, writing: report.
Each course includes an initial level assessment, revision chapters, grammar review as well as an end of level assessment.
*Courses based on Pearson Longman Market Leader series.